Case studies – Recycle
Find out what has been done in Europe
On this page you can find a comprehensive collection of case studies of RECYCLE actions that have been implemented during the past editions of the EWWR. All actions listed below have been nominated by EWWR Coordinators for the EWWR Awards competition and are thus great examples of good practices of EWWR actions. We particularly invite all Action Developers to have a look at these examples, as they can be of significant importance to help finding examples of what kind of actions worked well in the past.
- Ixelles Municipality (BE - 2013)
- Regione Emilia-Romagna, Gruppo Hera, Amministrazioni Penitenziarie Emilia-Romagna, coop Gulliver, coop IT2, coop Il Germoglio, Techne, Cefal, Consorzi produttori di AEE Ecolight e Ecodom (IT - 2013)
- Cherwell District Council (UK - 2012)
- Abierto hasta el amanecer (ES - 2011)
- SEUR (ES -2013)
Don’t hesitate to recycle ideas!
The EWWR guide of good practices
The EWWR guide of good practices compiles the best actions implemented during the first three editions of the European Week for Waste Reduction (2009-2011). Out of the more than 14000 actions that were implemented in these three years 45 have been chosen for this guide of good practices. The selection has been made on the basis of the EWWR awards finalists designated by the EWWR Jury. Their methodology and resources are described exhaustively in order to allow other stakeholders to reproduce them in their territory. The actions are classified in 4 categories:
- Fight against garden and kitchen waste
- General campaign on waste reduction and Sustainable prevention/consumption
- Paper and Packaging
- Reuse and preparing for reuse